Re: [hylafax-users] Is DID required for this application?

On 2005.02.24 09:48 "Donald, Adam" wrote:

Why does the connection proceed at 33
normally, but at 14 when the CID/DTMF is enabled?

Thank you for mentioning this. It clued me in on what may really be happening.

First-off, change your ModemAnswerCmd to:

ModemAnswerCmd: AT+FCLASS=1.0;A

If you don't start receiving with V.34-Fax speeds then try:

ModemAnswerCmd: AT+FCLASS=1.0;+F34=14,1,2;A

But, the truth is that you're only seeing the errors with V.17 data. The data comes through fine when you use V.34 or V.29.

So, my question is, can you receive V.17 data just fine when not using DTMF-CID? (Disable all of the DTMF stuff, but then set:

ModemAnswerCmd: AT+FCLASS=1;A

Knowing that with everything else remaining the same, to whom should I
go to see if I can get this issue fixed?

If you can get V.17 data just fine when not using DTMF-CID then the problem probably is something MultiTech will need to fix for you. You'd want to determine if the issue is with *sending* or with *receiving*. If you cannot get V.17 when not DTMF-CID, then you would need to contact your PBX manufacturer for support.