Re: [hylafax-users] Is DID required for this application?

On 2005.02.23 07:27 "Donald, Adam" wrote:
Hello

I would like to place a modem in a hunt group on our PBX and have the
PBX
pass digits to the modem as the call is passed to the modem.

I assume that you mean that the modem will take the line off-hook, listen for DTMF digits, and then trigger an answer when a certain number of digits is received.

I would like those digits to then be passed to hylafax/faxrcvd so I
can
route them from there.

Is this achievable, and what kind of hardware would be required for
this
application?

Yes, it's doable with HylaFAX 4.2.1 and with a modem that supports DTMF recognition (i.e., an IS-101-supporting voice modem). Look for the "SHIELDED_DTMF" option for CIDNumber in 'man hylafax-config' for HylaFAX 4.2.1. If you wanted to use current HylaFAX CVS HEAD then you're not required to replace CIDNumber with that information (if you're receiving Caller*ID with the modem as well), as the new CallID structure supports more than just CIDName and CIDNumber.

Would this be considered DID, CID?

Neither, really. It's considered DTMF detection.