[hylafax-users] [Fwd: Re: MultiTech MultiModemZBA - How to get V34-Fax working??]

For the benefit of the list.  Thanks for the help guys!
--
Kevin Berry
Rapid Reporting - IT Department
On Mon, 2005-02-21 at 12:46 -0500, Darren Nickerson wrote:
> "Kevin Berry" <kevin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > I understand that Class 1.1 or 2.1 support probably needs to exist, but
> > this modem doesn't claim to support these things.  Anyone know what I
> > might be doing wrong?  faxaddmodem only sees what at+fclass=? tells it,
> > which is that it does 0,1,2.  Do I need to do something to get the modem
> > to respond to 2.1 and/or 1.1?
>
> Kevin,
>
> There's a chance the modem you have actually doesn't support V.34. You'll
> want to make sure you purchased the MT5634ZBA-V92 (or V92-NAM or V92-EURO
> which include cables). The V92's the important bit there.

Yeah, I just got off hold with their tech support.  I got the one
without the V92.  I'm now on hold with customer service to exchange.  I
had suggested buying from iFax to start with, and if this one works out,
I think the other ones will probably come from them.

--
Kevin Berry
Rapid Reporting - IT Department
(817) 263-3209