Re: [hylafax-users] help to solve T.30 T1 timeout

On 2005.02.14 05:01 Alexandre Biancalana wrote:
Hi list,

 I build a Hylafax Server on FreeBSD 4.10 with cyclades cyclon-Y 16
ports, and 10 modems Dlink DFM-560EL..

This system have high traffic, but many off the calls are being lost
by a problem that I can't solve until now.... :(

Follow some lines of xferfaxlog and the config.cuac00 is attached.

02/14/05 10:47  CALL    000039001       cuac09          ""      fax
 "fax"   ""      0       0       0:47    0:47    "No answer (T.30 T1
timeout)"   ""      ""      ""

This basically means that the modems were unable to detect a fax carrier transmitting on that call for the entire duration of T1 (30 seconds).

This would happen, for example, if someone called your numbers with a voice call rather than a fax call.

If these are fax calls, however, then chances are good that the modem is having an error in detecting and working with the sender's carrier signal.

I personally don't have any experience with the DLink modems. But there were a few others on this list who have mentioned the DFM-560. For example:

http://www.hylafax.org/archive/2001-06/msg00545.php

I'd really need to see session logs with SessionTracing set at 0xFFF to help you further.