Re: [hylafax-users] fax email pdf ouput with 4.2.1 is 0 bytes

> Hi
>
> on upgrading to 4.2.1 I seem to be having problems with
> emailing a  received
> fax in pdf format, the received tif file is fine but when the
> email is sent
> the attached pdf is 0 bytes.

I had a similar problem with Suse.  The problem was with the mimencoding.

I don't have mimencode, but do have uuencode on the system.  (on suse,
uuencode is part of the sharutils package)

In faxdispatch, I changed/added the following
# MIMENCODE=mimencode
UUENCODE=uuencode

As well as create the uuencode_it script per the manual.

All the attachments that had been coming through were only about 64bytes
(not K), they were unreadable by acroread as invalid.

It looks like if the system sees any MIMENCODE value, that is what it will
use, even if you tell it uuencode
-Mike