Re: [hylafax-users] Failed to properly detect high-speed data carrier

On 2005.02.03 12:58 John Kosta wrote:
All,

I am sorry to post this problem to the list. I am getting the error "Failed to properly detect high-speed data carrier" with a just purchased Multitech MT5600ZDXV after also receiving the error with a Multitech MT2834ZDXb (Class 2 only). I have read through the archives and tried several of the suggestions therein, but continue to experience this problem.

It seems I always get this error from the same fax machine, one in use in one of our remote offices (Brother Model MFC 4800).

To my inexperienced eyes, it looks like the end of the log file has the important information on this failure. Here it is:

Could I get this log in its entirety? You say this log is exactly reproducible 100% of the time when receiving faxes from the MFC-4800?