Re: [hylafax-users] converting of asian characters

Christian,

I would hazard a guess and say what you need to do is embed the fonts used in the PDF file as the machine running Hylafax likely does not have the correct fonts and is substituting the closest match.

If your users are using a PDF printer on windows then you need to go to the advanced driver options and there will be a truetype font option. Set it to "Download as Softfont".

It will make your PDFs bigger but any font not existing on the Hylafax system will be able to be drawn properly.

I am going to also hazard a guess that you could alternatively install the fonts that your users have on their system in the ghostscript font directory. I am not going to go into detail on that except to say that you can do a google search for something like "installing truetype fonts ghostscript".

Regards,

Kimble Young

hchris@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi,

I have problem with conversion to sending faxes for Japanese customers with Asian characters (signs). They send it as PDF so it needs conversion.

1. Alphabet and numerical letters are NOT printed on the FAX.
These letters are printed by blank squares

2. Carriage return code is also printed by blank square.

3. Chinese letters and Japanese letters are printed correctly.

Has anybody an idea how we can resolve that problem?

best regards and thanks
Christian