[hylafax-users] Faxmail and MIME Converters

All,

I've been reading the various HOW-TOs, FAQs, Installation and Setup Instructions, Man Pages, and the Hylafax-Users.
I've solved a great number of "Newbie" questions using these resources and the Internet at large, but I've finally gotten to a point where I have one remaining issue in my Faxmail implementation that I can't seem to solve:

Faxmail appears to be taking the Postscript that is generated by the MIME Converter that I've got installed (my version of an rtf2ps) and embedding it in the text portion that Faxmail converted to Postscript. This is in conflict with the Faxmail man page that states:

"If a script exists then it is run and the result is appended to the output PostScript document."

Well, it appears that it does append it, but it hasn't closed it's Postscript document first. The end of my resulting Postscript file looks like:

showpage grestore % Page 2 # 2 Sheet 2
%%PageTrailer
%%Trailer
%%Pages: 2
%%EOF

showpage
end restore
%%Trailer
%%Pages: 1
%%EOF

Unfortunately, when it then gets sent through sendfax, sendfax pukes on the PREPARE and it dies with a Ghostscript error. However, if I move the second set of footers up to right before the RTF converted Postscript header, I can then send it through sendfax and everything works like it should.

I've looked around to see if there is anyway to tell faxmail that it should *close* the initial Postscript document before appending the second, but haven't found anything that would seem to work.

I know this isn't a widely used feature of Hylafax (based on readings and findings), however, I'm so close to having everything work, I'd hate to have to write a Faxmail replacement just for this problem. The MIME Converters are getting called, I'm able to format the headers on the resulting fax, and I'm even able to pass directives through the email headers. I love it, but alas it's not quite working.

Anyone have any ideas?

-Rob

--
Robert A. Pickering Jr. ProScan Imaging