Re: [hylafax-users] PAM Authentication

On Mon, Jun 28, 2004 at 02:27:06PM +1000, Kimble Young wrote:
> Ok I've worked out what happened.
>
> pam_unix.so doesn't work as an unprivileged user such as UUCP so that is the
> cause of the local system authentication problems.
>
> pam_mysql.so is buggy and very particular about what you put as its command
> options. I had debug which is meant to be implemented in all PAM modules but
> not pam_mysql apparently. Removing it made everything work.
>
> I'm sorry for taking up your time Michael, you have been very useful and im
> very thankful for your assistance. Thank you also for everyone who thought
> carefully about my problem.
>
> To sum things up - Hylafax has a perfectly working PAM implementation just
> watch out for  the actual PAM modules.

Well, I'll sum up my feelings by saying "Whew!" I was getting worried
I'd really buggered something up, and just gotten lucky with my own
testing. Thank you for letting us know that things are okay with it. I
know that I, at least, very much appreciate it.

--
Michael J. Pedersen
My IM IDs: Jabber/pedersen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, ICQ/103345809, AIM/pedermj022171