From: hylafax-users-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:hylafax-users-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Lee Howard
Sent: Monday, June 21, 2004 4:55 PM
To: Michael Balamuth
Cc: hylafax-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [hylafax-users] List protocol question

On 2004.06.21 13:30 Michael Balamuth wrote:
> Would it be considered inappropriate in this list to ask for a
> comparison of
> the stronger points of a commercial fax system like Lightning Fax
> compared
> to Hylafax?

No, I don't think that it would be inappropriate.  You may not get much
useful information, however.  Many of us have limited experience with
other fax softwares.  For example, I've only had significant experience
with WinFax and various other disposable fax apps.  None of them really
compare to HylaFAX at all.

> In other words, would the experts on this list welcome or
> be
> willing to expound on their comparative knowledge of another system
> compared
> to Hylafax?

I am happy to share any and all information about HylaFAX.  So if you
say, "Product ABC supports features X, Y, and Z" then I can tell you
how HylaFAX stands up.

I will say this, however... as far as the faxing goes I don't think
that you're going to find any product that receives or sends faxes
(meaning the actual in-call process) better than HylaFAX in Class 1/1.0
with a reliable modem.  I've worked very hard to make it that way, and
I think that the work has finally paid off in the past number of
months.  (I'm talking about 4.2.0, of course.)