Re: [hylafax-users] [hylafax-devel] Gestetner Aficio fax problems

On 2004.06.21 02:52 Sipho.Mothobi@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi,

I have problems with faxes sent from Hylafax to Gestetner Aficio
(RICOH)
printer.

The receiving fax machine complains with a "Communication failure" but
is
still able to complete the printing of the fax.

This is related to the earlier post about RICOH fax problems, i have
still
not found a solution to this , still struggling with this. As you can
understand we can not go into production with as system that breaks
other
peoples fax-machines.

Well, the truth is that these Ricoh fax machines are broken already. No additional breaking is required.

Someone who owns one of these fax machines needs to contact the manufacturer. I am fairly certain that they will pay attention when it can be shown that a DoS vulnerability exploit for their fax machines exists in the wild.

Now that's not to say that we can't make HylaFAX "work around" the sensitive area that is causing a problem for the Ricohs. So if you own one of these fax machines and you're willing to help us figure out what is going on, then we can do that. Otherwise, I don't know what we can do. We can't solve the problem by simply speculating solely based on these symptoms what is going wrong on the inside of the Ricohs.