Re: [hylafax-users] Hylafax 4.1.8 how to share voice/fax line

On Sunday 20 June 2004 05:41, Giovanni Santarelli wrote:
> Hi all,
> i'm trying to solve a problem. In my office we have two voice lines with
> the same number. During night we have no problems cause i've set
> RingsBeforeAnswer to 4 so the fax will respond after 4 rings. The problem
> arise during normal working office time. If the secretary take an incoming
> call and then try to route the call to the fax the fax won't catch the
> call. How to solve it? How to setup in general a voice/fax line share?
>
> Thanks you for your interest

THE CHEAP WAY:  Hang up and let hylafax answer when the fax caller calls back
1 or 2 minutes later.

BETTER WAY: Subscribe to distinctive ring and have the fax answer its
distinctive ring number in 1 or 2 rings.

BETTER WAY:  Switch hylafax to "send-only" mode during the day and answer fax
calls manually during this time.  See man faxanswer.  Set RingsBeforeAnswer
to  0  to make hylafax send-only.

George