Re: [hylafax-users] Problem sending faxes to shared lines (voice/fax)

On 2004.06.19 14:51 Heribert Schorn wrote:
Hello

I have big problems sending faxes to shared phonelines (voice/fax) or
to fax-services in the web and to certain fax machines that have
a voice part (like a mailbox) integrated.

The problems that occur are, that sending to "normal" fax machines
works
fine. But sending to fax machines that have the voice/fax combination
mentioned above fail with either the message "BUSY" or "NO CARRIER
DETECTED".  But in this cases the line isn't busy.

- I tried to omit the "@" sign at the end of the dial-string

- I tried to use two or three "@" signs at the end of the dial-string

I found no way to get through. The phone rings on the other side. The machine answers and the phone connection gets hung up.

Is there any way that my modem begin with sedending tones, that the
other fax
maschine can realize and connect.

As long as your dialstring does not contain the @ symbol, then it should send CNG (sending tones) when it calls out. Fax your own voice line to test.

My modem is an 28800 Noname class 2

The modem firmware is responsible for distinguishing between BUSY, NO CARRIER/NO ANSWER, and a valid carrier (CONNECT/+FCON/+FCO). If you're having problems with this, and if your dialstring does not contain the @ symbol, then you'll need to refer to your modem manual to see if there are some S-registers that can help improve this behavior. If not, then I suggest trying Class 1, and if that doesn't help then you'll need to try a different modem model+brand.