Re: [hylafax-users] hyphens in dialstrings

> Is this correct? Should I leave the hyphen off
> (i.e. "+610755251359"), os should I be leaving the leading 0 from the
> area code off?

You should not include the 0, which is Australia's long-distance prefix.

You should make sure that the dialling rules know what + how to add both the
LDD code and the IDD [if you make international calls].

The canonically specified OZ phone numbers should be: +61[1-9][0-9]*

[I'm not sure if 1 was ever a state/region code prefix though]

You should watch out for those Queenslanders, btw, it's a pretty spivvy
place. ;) ;)  If you're locked in a room with a Queenslander or a King
Brownie [probably the most deadly toxic snake in the world], you first deal
with the King Brown.

At ya later,

=R=