[hylafax-users] Popup Message to Win Clients

Hi all,

I'm setting up hylafax to send a popup message to a group of people when
a fax arrives.  With WinFAX the client program on the computer notifies
the person when a new fax arrives.  To duplicate this sort of behaviour
I've added a line to the faxrcvd file:
echo New fax available | smbclient -M netbios_machine_name

It's working so far in my initial tests, I plan to replace that line and
call a script which will run the command for each person in the group.

Has anyone done something like this already?  I'm open for suggestions.

I placed the line after the sendmail call in the section just before the
# Generate notification mail for a failed attempt comment.  I noticed
there's another sendmail call above this, but my notification didn't
work when I tried putting the line there instead.

Anyway, it seems to be working thus far, only with extremely limited
testing though, but I wanted to hear other's comments and experiences
before going to far.

Cheers,
Geoff