Re: [hylafax-users] 10 digit dialing, dialrules, Toronto, area code 416

On Mar 23, 2004, at 10:54 PM, marthter wrote:

Alan Olsen wrote on 23/03/04 02:24 PM:

Also, does anyone have a good set of dialrules for dealing with 10-digit dialing? (Like, for example Portland, Oregon?)

Hi Alan,

I can't help you with Portland, Oregon in particular, but here's what I did for my area (Toronto, Ontario, Canada, area code 416 and 647) which also has 10 digit dialing (within Toronto, and to the surrounding 905 and 289).

--- snip ---

Thanks!

I built a ruleset for Portland. I took a slightly different approach. I treated all things as long distance and then stripped the 1 if they were known as local. (Since the list i had was the set of "all local exchanges" instead of "all LD exchanges".)

Seems to work. (Though the dialtest program is ignoring all my config files.)

Here it is for general comment...