Re: [hylafax-users] When notify is on, can the email address format be set ?

Hi Geoff,

In the end I didn't get an answer to this but I actually prefer the default method provided by Hylafax for formatting emails as it indicates what machine the email originated from and hence will provide correct return paths etc. It was more our admin people asking me to change Hylafax so I asked the question on their behalf.
In the end I beat up the people doing our administration and convinced them that the sendmail.cf should provide the appropriate rules to handle the email - after all user@xxxxxxxxxxx is a valid email format.
In the end they agreed - so my problem went away.

As for your problem - well maybe you need the same answer. After all, you can't modify every app you install (OK, OK, Open source excepted *grin*) - especially if the email format is valid.

I hope this helps...

Bruce Whittaker,
This e-mail may contain confidential or privileged information.   If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately via return e-mail and then delete the original e-mail. EnergyAustralia has collected your business contact details for dealing with you in your business capacity. More information about how we handle your personal information, including your right of access is contained at http://www.energy.com.au.

"Geoff Tait" <GTait@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: hylafax-users-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx

23/03/2004 17:51