From: Peter Verhoeven [mailto:Peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, 22 March 2004 3:57 PM
To: 'hylafax-users@xxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: [hylafax-users] Mandrake 9.2 Hylafax not quite working?

Hello,

I have spent a great deal of time getting Hylafax to work for me to no avail. Maybe someone can offer some advice as I'm running out of ideas. Here's the scenario:

Hylafax installed fine, runs ok (i.e. the queue management part etc.).
Modem is set up on ttyS1. Minicom talks with it fine.
Hylafax is using class 1 with it.
I only require outbound service, so I don't setup faxgetty at all. (I have tried just in case but that raised another set of problems; i.e. modem wedged, no FIFO device etc).
Using "faxmodem" script seems fine. Although the faxstat will perpetually report "initializing server".
The senfax job fails. Checking the syslog indicates that the problem is during the postscript conversion, i.e. "no_formatter".
This happens whether I send native PS or Ascii direct from sendfax.

Any input much appreciated...

Thanks,
Peter Verhoeven

Disclaimer

This message contains privileged and confidential information intended only for the use of the addressee named above. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are hereby notified that you must not disseminate, copy, or take any action in reliance on it. If you have received this message in error, please notify Morris International immediately and delete all copies. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of Morris International.