[hylafax-users] I am not recieving 2D-MMR with Hylafax 4.1.8 with a class 1.0 modem

I am running Hylafax 4.1.8 as a class 1.0 faxmodem. I would like to be able
to recieve faxes with 2D-MMR encoding. My current setup will only receive 1D
amd 2D-MR encoded faxes. This regards reciving faxes with Hylafax that were
sent from fax machienes that are capable of sending 2D-MMR encoded faxes. I
tried to set RecvDataFormat: to "2D MMR" and I also tried to use
the "adaptive" setting, but neither seemed to work. I included my config file
here, perhaps you can see if something necessary is missing from it that will
allow me to recieve 2D MMR faxes

(Previously, I had my faxmodem set up as a class 2.1 faxmodem, and it was
able to receive 2D-MMR faxes. I had to change it to run as a class 1.0
faxmodem because of errors in the modem firmware for recieving faxes when in
class 2.1 mode.)

Thanks,
Joe

# $Id: class1.0,v 1.1 2002/05/23 21:32:18 darren Exp $
#
# HylaFAX Facsimile Software
#
# Copyright (c) 1990-1996 Sam Leffler
# Copyright (c) 1991-1996 Silicon Graphics, Inc.
# HylaFAX is a trademark of Silicon Graphics, Inc.
#
# Permission to use, copy, modify, distribute, and sell this software and
# its documentation for any purpose is hereby granted without fee, provided
# that (i) the above copyright notices and this permission notice appear in
# all copies of the software and related documentation, and (ii) the names of
# Sam Leffler and Silicon Graphics may not be used in any advertising or
# publicity relating to the software without the specific, prior written
# permission of Sam Leffler and Silicon Graphics.
#
# THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS-IS" AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND,
# EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY
# WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
#
# IN NO EVENT SHALL SAM LEFFLER OR SILICON GRAPHICS BE LIABLE FOR
# ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND,
# OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS,
# WHETHER OR NOT ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGE, AND ON ANY THEORY OF
# LIABILITY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE
# OF THIS SOFTWARE.
#

#
# Generic Class 1.0 modem configuration.
#
# EDIT THIS CONFIGURATION TO REFLECT YOUR SETUP
#
CountryCode:            1
AreaCode:               212
FAXNumber:              +1.212.xxx.xxxx
LongDistancePrefix:     1
InternationalPrefix:    011
DialStringRules:        etc/dialrules
ServerTracing:          1
SessionTracing:         11
RecvFileMode:           0600
LogFileMode:            0600
DeviceMode:             0600
RingsBeforeAnswer:      1
SpeakerVolume:          off
GettyArgs:              "-h %l dx_%s"
LocalIdentifier:        "xxxxxx xxxxxxxx & xx xx"
TagLineFont:            etc/lutRS18.pcf
TagLineFormat:          "From %%l|%c|Page %%P of %%T"
MaxRecvPages:           200
#
#
# Modem-related stuff: should reflect modem command interface
# and hardware connection/cabling (e.g. flow control).
#
# We use "ModemType: Class1" with "Class1Cmd: AT+FCLASS=1.0" for now
#
ModemType:              Class1          # use this to supply a hint
#ModemRate:             19200           # rate for DCE-DTE communication
ModemRate:             57600
#ModemFlowControl:      xonxoff         # XON/XOFF flow control assumed
#
#ModemSetupDTRCmd:      AT&D2           # setup so DTR drop resets modem
#ModemSetupDCDCmd:      AT&C1           # setup so DCD follows carrier
#GettyArgs:             "-h %l dx_%s"   # modem must auto-detect fax/data
#
# We can append the "@" symbol to the dial string so that
# the modem will wait 5 seconds before attempting to connect
# and return result codes that distinguish between no carrier
# and no answer.  This makes it possible to avoid problems with
# repeatedly dialing a number that doesn't have a fax machine
# (kudos to Stuart Lynne for this trick.)
#
# NB: If you need to prefix phone numbers to get through a PBX,
#     put it in the ModemDialCmd; e.g. "DT9%s@".
#
#ModemDialCmd:          ATDT%s          # T for tone dialing
#
# Other possible configuration stuff.  The default strings are
# shown below.  Only those that are different from the defaults
# need to be included in the configuration file.
#
#ModemResetCmds:                ""              # stuff to do when modem is
reset
#ModemAnswerCmd:                ATA             # use this to answer phone
#ModemNoFlowCmd:                AT&K            # disable flow control cmd
#ModemHardFlowCmd:      AT&K3           # hardware flow control cmd
#ModemSoftFlowCmd:      AT&K4           # software flow control cmd
#ModemNoAutoAnswerCmd:  ATS0=0          # disable auto-answer
#
# Set modem speaker volume commands: OFF QUIET LOW MEDIUM HIGH.
# Note that we both turn the speaker on/off and set volume.
#
#ModemSetVolumeCmd:     "ATM0 ATL0M1 ATL1M1 ATL2M1 ATL3M1"
#ModemEchoOffCmd:       ATE0            # disable command echo
#ModemVerboseResultsCmd:        ATV1            # enable verbose command
results
#ModemResultCodesCmd:   ATQ0            # enable result codes
#ModemOnHookCmd:                ATH0            # place phone on hook (hangup)
#ModemSoftResetCmd:     ATZ             # do soft reset of modem
#ModemSoftResetCmdDelay:        3000    # pause after soft reset
#ModemWaitTimeCmd:      ATS7=60         # wait 60 seconds for carrier
#ModemCommaPauseTimeCmd:        ATS8=2          # comma pause time is 2
seconds
#ModemRecvFillOrder:    LSB2MSB         # bit order of received facsimile
#ModemSendFillOrder:    LSB2MSB         # bit order modem expects for transmit
#
Class1Cmd:              AT+FCLASS=1.0   # command to enter class 1.0
Class1PPMWaitCmd:       AT+FTS=7        # command to stop and wait before PPM
Class1TCFWaitCmd:       AT+FTS=7        # command to stop and wait before TCF
Class1EOPWaitCmd:       AT+FTS=9        # command to stop and wait before EOP
Class1TCFResponseDelay: 75              # 75ms delay between recv TCF &
response
Class1SendMsgDelay:     75              # 75ms delay after training
Class1SwitchingDelay:   75              # 150ms delay in switching
transmission direction
Class1TrainingRecovery: 1500            # 1.5sec delay after training failure
Class1RecvAbortOK:      200             # wait 200ms for abort response
Class1FrameOverhead:    4               # 4 byte overhead in recvd HDLC frames
Class1RecvIdentTimer:   40000           # 35+5secs waiting for ident frames
Class1TCFMaxNonZero:    10              # max 10% of data may be non-zero
Class1TCFMinRun:        1000            # min run is 2/3rds of TCF duration

RecvDataFormat:         "2D MMR"