Re: [hylafax-users] hylafax and many USB modems [off-topic]

* Krzysztof Cieniuch <kcieniuch@xxxxx> [040316 05:09]:
> Hi,
>
> Maybe slightly off-topic but I hope that somebody
> here solved this problem.
> Currently I've got 3 USB modems connected via USB hub
> when I reboot system modems get assigned randomly
> ttyACM's but TSI and FAXNumbers are assigned statically
> in config.ttyACM* so often I end up with FAXnumbers and phone
> lines messed up.
> For now when I must restart whole system
> I disconnect modems from hub and then after restart
> I connect modems in right order.
> I have question is there better solution :-)
> In the future I'm going to connect much more modems and this
> can be real pain to connect and disconnect dozens of modems
> specially two o'clock in the morning:-)

The correct solution for this (I'm just assuming your using linux -
sorry if I'm wrong) is linux-2.6, with udev.

Is the order they are enumerated on boot always the same?  If so,
configure them in that order instead of the plugging in order.

a.
aidan@xxxxxxxxxxx                                       command like a king,