Re: [hylafax-users] thought i'd try again......

> am i correct in that prohibiting data calls into the fax modem can be
> achieved by commenting our GettyArgs in the etc/config.tty? file?

You can do this in a couple of ways:

1) Force the modem into answering in fax mode, vis-a-vis:

  A) Disable "rotary" answering mode (only list "fax" as an answering mode)
  B) Configure the answer command to use class 1/2.0/2.1 (whichever mode you
use).  A la: ModemAnswerCmd: AT+FCLASS=1;A in your etc/config.modem file.

2) Completely remove/disable the serial port answering program. (agetty/etc)

I've used 1A and 1B successfully.  With 1B, the modem only gives fax "answer
tones" and never tries to connect to inbound data calls.

This topic is AMPLY covered in the FAQ though, which is probably why you've
not gotten a storm of replies. :)

<http://www.hylafax.org/>

By the way, there's something bizarrely wrong with the website... the name
resolves, and there is a port 80 listener active, but no GET commands
actually return data (within 20 seconds).  Back-end problem, or strange
server borkage?

This seems to be recurring a bit.  Does the hylafax group need hosting
assistance?

=R=