Re: [hylafax-users] mgetty not istalled (faxgetty stalls)

Your modem's been set up to answer data calls.  To get rid of that...

> BTW I want to accept 'fax' calls only, no 'data' calls.
>
> Below is the config.ttyS1 file.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Yidnek
>
> #
> # Configuration for using the Class 2.0 command interface
> # with a USR v.34 Courier or Sporster modem.
> #
> # RTS/CTS flow control is used default.
> #
> #
> CountryCode:		1
> AreaCode:		295
> FAXNumber:		x.xxx.xxx.xxxx
> LongDistancePrefix:	1
> InternationalPrefix:	011
> DialStringRules:	etc/dialrules
> ServerTracing:		1
> SessionTracing:		11
> RecvFileMode:		0666
> LogFileMode:		0644
> DeviceMode:		0666
> RingsBeforeAnswer:	1
> SpeakerVolume:		off

Comment out or delete the following line
> GettyArgs:		"-h %l dx_%s"

> LocalIdentifier:	"Nothing setup"
> TagLineFont:		etc/lutRS18.pcf
> TagLineFormat:		"From %%l|%c|Page %%P of %%T"
> MaxRecvPages:		100

The "GettyArgs" param causes faxGetty to invoke mgetty when it thinks
a data call is present.  Best to leave mgetty not installed and remove this
line if you don't want to accept data connections.

George