Re: [hylafax-users] Comments area faxcover.ps BreakIntoLines

Simon Perry wrote:

Can anyone shed some light on the formula used so I can figure
out what to change for my desired result.
[...]
/y 189 def /x 141 def

These are x and y coords where the comments string is being imaged. The instructions above stands for Y=189 and X=141.
Maybe you need to read something about PostScript coordinates before changing them.

Related to this, can I invoke faxcover directly and pipe the
output to a file to check the result of my changes?

Yes, you can.
faxcover [options] -f user -n 1234567 > output.eps
Note that the output is an EPS file, so ghostscript may only show a blank page. Try printing it to a PostScript printer (most of HP Laserjet works) with the following command:
(cat output.eps; echo "showpage") | lp -d <printer_name>

HTH,
Davide