Re: [hylafax-users] as400script

I got a timeout when sending this reply. Sorry if goes
in double to the list.

--- massimo <tonini.massimo@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thank you very much you are right. Tshis step is ok
> !
> Now I'm tryiing to send print from as/400 the
> problem is that from as/400 I
> definited a ibm 2381 print
> that is a ascii printer but it sends all escape
> character to the fax.
>
> Is there a way to send from as/400 a text file with
> no escape character ?

Note: I'm not an AS/400 tech.

Yes, there is, you must change the map char for the
ibm2381.
Here you have an example of what is a char table in
the AS/400
and how you must read the table (right to left and
pairs of codes, the codes are in hex)

http://www.pdfing.com/wscst.php

Comparison EBCDIC ASCII tables

http://www.google.com/search?hl=pt&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=ebcdic+ascii&lr=

My best advice: try with java. The as400script only
work for single pages, and sooner or later you will
needed multi-pages.

With java, your control over the process will be more
bigger, like if you need stop a fax your users would
be able to do it. Using lpr you can't.

Java stuff and related:

Java for AS/400 info-

http://www.midrangeserver.com/guruo/mgo041702-story01.php