From: Lee Howard [mailto:faxguy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, 18 February 2004 11:21 AM
To: cj
Cc: 'Hylafax-Users E-mail'
Subject: Re: [hylafax-users] problems with cypheus and sambafax

On 2004.02.17 16:13 cj wrote:
> I have been able to send and receive faxes ok.
> I couldn't find Class1ECMSupport in the config.ttyS0 file so I added
> it in
> and restarted the server and it still allowed me to send and receive
> faxes
> ok.

Good.  It would appear, then, that whatever problem you experienced in
4.1.8 has been resolved already in HylaFAX CVS HEAD.

> What does that particular function do?

Enables/disables ECM support in Class 1.  See 'man hylafax-config'.  If
you want 100% image quality assured on your faxes you need to have it
enabled.

> Is it worth keeping as no, as I can send and receive faxes now, or
> should I
> delete the line?

If you feel confident that the problem you had in 4.1.8 is gone in
4.2.0, then I'd recommend switching it to "yes" (or just delete the
line, since it defaults to "yes").