[hylafax-users] I can not recieve faxes...

Hello Lee,
Hi hylafax experts,

I have a problem to recieve faxes ...

Here is my (little bit odd) environment:

I use SuSE 9.0 with hylafax 4.1.7 the incomming faxes are not directly
recieved by the PC. They first run into a faxbox (= external modem with
RAM) there they are stored until the PC is powerd on and I manually
"send" the faxes out of the box to the PC. The faxbox is transparent
for the PC you can't see that the fax was stored in the box beside of
the timestamp.

Here the senario:
1. external Fax comes in
2. get stored in a faxbox (external modem with ram), PC is powerd off
3. PC power on
4. "send" manually the faxes from the box to the PC
5. PC recieves fax as if it would be send right now

Well this works with SuSE 8.2 but not for 9.0. I installed hylafax,
copied the config files over and run after that the faxsetup. All ok.
I can send faxes. And I can recieve faxes when the PC is powered on!!!!
Guess that the faxbox is smart enought to detect this an bypass the fax
straight to the PC.

But when the fax is stored in the box there is currently no way to get
it to the PC. I assume that there is an init problem when the faxbox
should be initialized... How can I get more Info why the fax is not
recieved??

Thanks a lot
Michael

--
Encrypted eMail welcome!
Get my OpenPGP-Key ID: 0xE9B00731 from: wwwkeys.de.pgp.net