From: Josh Welch [mailto:jwelch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 17 December 2003 17:19
To: hylafax-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [hylafax-users] the hylafax authentication

Rodrigo Gruppelli said

> Good morning.
>
> I'd like to know what the username/pass pairs, configured on
> hosts.hfaxd, are really for? Don't they have anything to do with
> personal fax queues or stuff like that?
>

> []s
> Rodrigo

There is a man page for it: http://www.hylafax.org/man/hosts.hfaxd.php

Its about granting authorization to clients to send faxes from what I read.
Based on that information you should be able to do things like accounting by
user and such.

HTH,
Josh

--------------
Winckworth Sherwood Solicitors and Parliamentary Agents
DX 148400 WESTMINSTER 5 : 35 Great Peter Street, London SW1P 3LR
Telephone 020 7593 5000 Fax 020 7593 5099

-Confidentiality-
This email message and any attachments are confidential; they may be subject to legal professional privilege and are intended for the named recipient only. If you are not the named recipient, please return the message and enclosures immediately and delete them from your system.

-Caution-
Before advice received only by email (whether by attachment or otherwise) may be relied on, the authenticity of the communication must be verified by means independent of email.

-Regulation-
The firm is regulated by the Law Society.

-Partners-
A list of partners is available for inspection at each office of the firm and on the firm's website at http://www.winckworths.co.uk