Re: [hylafax-users] from RPM to CVS

On Tue, 2003-12-02 at 11:43, Jeff Herring wrote:
> I would like to "upgrade" my 4.1.7 to my recently built cvs version...
> Can I simply do a make install from the cvs version?
> What will this do to my config?

That would not be a good idea, unless you're ready to run the hylafax
.configure with all the custom paths and other arguments used in the
RedHat rpms.  Short answer: don't try it.

Your choices are either A) stick with rpms, and build from src.rpm if
you have to, or B) remove all traces of the hylafax rpms, then build and
install from vanilla source (or CVS source).  In the latter case, you
will have to go back through all the hylafax install/config stuff and
make sure everything is setup properly.

If you try and mix the two, you're asking for trouble...

HTH, Steve