Re: [hylafax-users] Internal numbers and Hylafax

My Hylafax server works with three C4 cards (12 numbers) very well (thanks
to Holger Raschke once again!!!). Yestarday one of  employers asked me if
it's possible to send fax with "internal number" ?:

(world)------>(client number e.g. 5291432)[(telephone exchange)---->
---->(internal number 12)fax
---->(internal number 13)director number
---->(internal number 14)secretary
---->(internal number 15)others

I use Hylafax 4.1.6 with latest CAPIforHYlafax.
We also checked that if put 529143212 (5291432+12) as fax number it doesn't
work.
I couldn't find what is wrong with internal numbers. Maybe you can help me!

Well, if i understand you right, you want to send a fax from an internal faxmachine to the faxserver without connecting to the outside telecom net. So this communication takes place only inside your PBX (or telephone exchange).

As i remember it right, you use DDI in your environment. So it should be possible to dial your "DDIOffset" and one of your "IncomingDDIs" to connect to the faxserver. Try it with a telephone and wait for the beep.
This works in my installation.

If this doesn't work, i propose to check if the PBX has any restrictions.

--
holger