Re: [hylafax-users] How to start to made a Hylafax Fax Server

--- Jacky Chan <jackyctw0505@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Dear Sir/Madam,
>
> I would like to install Hylafax Fax Server, but I
> don't know what steps should I do

First , some  kung-fu moves. The snake  and the dragon
 are fine (kidding).

> and what OS of Red
> Hat Linux should I use, Redhat 8.0 or Redhat 9.0?

HylaFAX can be installed in almost every *NIX out
there. In wich one is your choice, or at least the one
that fits your needs. RH 8 or 9 are fine, if you have
to concern about updating the server.

> Also, what brand or features of modem should I use?
> Could you please let me know more details before
> installation and the following setup?

Any modem that can perform Class 1 is fine, but
Multitech modems are very appreciated around here ;-).
ADVICE: avoid any winmodem.
But you didn't say how many users will be connected
and how maly line you want serve.

> Thanks for your great help.
>
> Best Regards
>
> Jacky

Yaaa.yuuu, snap, tchim tcham tchum OH.-OH, I hopenned
a hole in the screen...