[hylafax-users] textfmt - No font Metric Information found...

Hi,
I downloaded, compiled, and installed HylaFAX as a ports application on my FreeBSD 4.8 box. I ran into the error mentioned in the subject line. Read FAQ Q210 but wasn't able to resolve the problem. Would appreciate some assistance or direction. The reply at Q210 follows:

The HylaFAX client programs expect AFM files in a specific directory. This directory is defined at build time with the AFM configuration parameter (look at config.site or the HTML documentation), displayed during the configure procedure and you can alter it through the prompts. After configure has run, the value of AFM is set in the defs file that is generated.

What are AFM files? If I have to configure a file again, what file is it (config.site) and how should it be configured?

Thank you.

Bob