[hylafax-users] Fax Archival System

Howdy,

I'm converting my office from the use of a Zetafax server (a commercial
Windows package) to Hylafax, with Cypheus as the client.  I've only just
started testing it, and I'm quite pleased with the system thus far.  The
only problem that I've encountered is the matter of how to archive faxes
in a useful manner.

What we've been doing for some years (again, with Zetafax) is taking faxes
from the incoming and outgoing queue and saving them into Received and
Sent directories, providing them with a logical filename, such as "Acme
Corp. (order)".  Zetafax has a built-in file browser, such that the
directores of archived faxes can be sorted alphabetically or by date.  In
this admittedly crude manner, it's possible for us to run a paperless
office, in terms of faxes.

I'm unable to determine how to create a similar setup in Hylafax.
Although it would not be terribly difficult to create a web-based
interface that would allow the transfer of faxes into a MySQL archival
system (which would be far more useful than a mere filesystem archival
system), this would not integrate with Cypheus.  I recognize that it's
possible that this archival problem is a limitation of Cypheus, and not of
Hylafax, but I've been unable to find any information regarding how this
ought to be done in Hylafax.

Can anybody tell me how you are archiving faxes in Hylafax?  Is there some
sort of a built-in method of establishing browsable archival directories
within Hylafax that would be recognized by clients, including Cypheus?  Am
I misusing Hylafax by attempting to do this?

Thank you very much for your help.

Best,
Waldo

--