Re: [hylafax-users] Rocketmodem & no dial tone

--- Paul B Lorah <paul@macmaverick.net> wrote:

> > If these lines are coming off of a PBX, then the
> PBX could be doing
> > it.  You've said that these lines do work
> simultaneously with another
> > set of equipment, though, so maybe that's of no
> help to you.
>
> Yes, the lines are off a PBX, but I'm not sure
> that's the problem,
> considering they work on other machines.  Are there
> any special
> considerations to make in the configuration of a
> modem on a PBX?
>
> I'm thinking the issue is with my configuration ...
> would someone be
> kind enough to send me their a RocketModem's
> configuration file?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Paul Lorah

For what I know, Lee is a long term user of Rocket
modems, well, at least he sold to us one card that he
work with :-). My configuration files are almost the
default generated by hylafax. Have you confured
properly the inittab file? I remember that you told us
that your problem only occurs when sending a large
number of files right? (sorry, no time to check the
first messages)
You can always copy the config file from the modem
that is working and what happens. Anyway, check you
PBX and make shure you do tests without any equipment
attached. Cheers.