Re: [hylafax-users] impossible to send incoming fax to local printeror e-mail

Hi,
i really don't know, why you try to get it running with this old
skripts. They were created at a time, where HylaFAX couldn't provide
these features.
I assume that you are using SuSE 8.2 (as your webserver testpage at
www.durbach.com tells it).
SuSE distributes an actual version of HylaFAX which has everything
"built-in" except the printing you want.

Use the HylaFAX standard scripts delivered with the rpm, configure it
for mailing in pdf-format and add a line for printing in bin/faxrcvd.
That's all.

Read the documentation on www.hylafax.org. Start with the excellent how-to.

> hi this seems to work, at least with an manual call,
> i will send test the fax tomorrow.
> however, i have another problem, related to the translation of the ps file to
> a pdf :
> marc@server:/var/spool/fax/recvq> /usr/bin/ps2pdf13 fax00035.ps fax00035.pdf

Did you convert the faxfile (fax00035.tif) to ps?
If you don't want to use the HylaFAX standard, you have to do it in 2 steps:
first tiff2ps and then ps2pdf.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Holger Raschke
IT-Strategie und Controlling

RB Presse-Data GmbH
D-40196 Düsseldorf
Hausadresse:
Zülpicher Str. 8a                 Tel: +49 (0) 211 / 5697 - 395
D-40549 Düsseldorf                Fax: +49 (0) 211 / 5697 - 111395
E-Mail: holger.raschke@Presse-Data.de