Re: [hylafax-users] Cover page woes

Okay, as I said in the original post to the list, the entries with the
xxxx in the ps file look like this:

% TEXT
NP
0 SG
   GS
      1 W
      576 400 M
      GS
            0 SG
            /Helvetica FF [20 0 0 -20 0 0] MS
            (FAX NUMBER: XXXX-to-fax-number) SH
      GR
   GR

If I change "xxxx-to-fax-number" to "fax-number," all it does is prints
the word "fax-number" in the field when I look at it with gv.  It isn't
supposed to do this, is it?  If I put the variable name outside the
parentheses, gv doesn't load the file beyond that point.

Could my tgif be saving the page wrong?

On Wed, 11 Jun 2003, Di Vaio Gianluigi wrote:

> Hi Joe,
>
> after you have created your coverpage with Tgif (I have used the last
> version) you do not need to run any make_faxcover script!
> Simply save your cover as PS file and edit the field with the "XXXX".
>
> Hope this help,
> Gianluigi Di Vaio

Joe Hylkema
joe@wa-state-resident.com

"Every decent man is ashamed of the government he lives under."

-- H.L. Mencken