Re: [hylafax-users] Conexant, Red Hat 9 & Hylafax

On 2003.06.09 09:45 Walter L. Crox wrote:
> I am told that mgetty will not be supported with my Conexant HSF
> modem as /dev/modem.  MGETTY, of course is already on Red Hat 9.
> Could someone advise me, if I uninstall MGETTY and install Hylafax,
> if Hylafax will work with /dev/modem?
>
> If this is in the documentation, I missed it, sorry.

HylaFAX will work with device symlinks, yes.  It's not generally
advisable (due to compatibility problems with mgetty, for example), but
it will work.

One thing with which you'll want to take care is that you're using the
*latest* HSF drivers.  The older ones were heinously ugly for faxing
and didn't work with HylaFAX because of some poorly doctored modem