Re: [hylafax-users] Faxes comes back to my own fax number!!

On Thu, Oct 17, 2002 at 09:58:06AM -0800, alvaro melo wrote:
> HI All,
>
> I'm having a weird problem sending out faxes:
> The problem is, that a lot of time that we fax using the macflex
> clients, the faxes are coming back to our own  fax line!
> Lets say: We have the faxes numbers A and B.  We try to fax something to
> C, but it actually goes to B or A (depending on what line was available
> at the time)
>
> Does anybody have any clues??

I have no experience with Macflex, nor have I ever seen this sort of
problem but I have some suggestions for you to explore the issues.

1- how does it work with other clients?  For example, sendfax, HylaFAXSender,
JHylaFAX, SuSEFax, etc.  You *seemed* to indicate sambafax works fine
which may point you at Macflex as the source of the problem

I don't know the status of MacFlex but you may be forced to 'work-around'
the problem by changing clients.

2- have you looked at the job parameters when the job is in the queue?
eg.  submit the job via macflex with the modems disabled (powered off,
telco line disconnected etc) and inspect the job parameters, preferably
directly if possible with faxstat or a client with support
for displaying all job parameters.  I'd be looking to see if Macflex
is playing with the destination phone number in some way either directly
or causing the server to do so using destctrls (sp?)

-joe
--
     Innovation Software Group, LLC - http://www.innovationsw.com
               Custom Internet and Computer Solutions