Re: [hylafax-users] Hylafax FSP DLL for Windows 2000/XP

Dear Dmitry,

sorry, but I would like to comment some of your statements ;-)

> - Unacceptable fax image quality due to using Postscript
> printer driver and Ghostscript rasterizer (the latest
> Cypheus has TIFF printer driver, but I did not tested it).

The new TIFF driver is not available yet.

> - Deep fax knowledge is required to configure and use them,
> that average corporate user does not have.

Cypheus supports saving/importing settings of a configured "master"
client.

> - They require a lot of additional libraries, non-standard
> phonebooks etc.,

Cypheus is able to use ANY address book.

> - They provide no cover page support.

Cypheus does. It has it's own easy to use cover page editor.

> - They do not show the fax call in progress...

Cypheus always shows HylaFAX state, so user can see, what HylaFAX is
doing.

> ...and generate heavy Hylafax
> server load due to the constant polling.

Cypheus doesn't: User can adjust polling from 15 to 1200 secs.

> - The best existing Windows fax client (Cypheus) is expensive
> enough: $30 pear seat in the medium or large corporate network is
> probably not the very low price.

For medium or large companies Cypheus offers much lower prices
(beginning at about $11) per seat.

Anyway, excellent work!
All the best!

Best Regards
Bodo

Bodo Noering Consulting
Zur Alten Faehre 23 . D-45219 Essen
Phone +49-2054-971790 . Fax +49-2054-971791
bn@urania.com . http://www.urania.com

Highend Fax: HylaFAXR (www.hylafax.org)
and Cypheus (www.cypheus.de)