Re: [hylafax-users] Hylafax doesn't know what modem to use

On Wed, 16 Oct 2002, Martin Szymanski wrote:

> Faxgetty was running. I looked in the /var/spool/hylafax directory and
> only the FIFO file. The FIFO.capi20 is missing? What can I do to fix
> that problem?

Did you run faxaddmodem? It seems like you don't have a configuration file
for that modem or something. When you look into /var/spool/hylafax/etc, do
you have the following files there:

	config
	config.capi20

How do you start faxgetty? From inittab? How the inittab line looks like?
Is the device name /dev/capi20? Can you talk to the modem with kermit,
minicom, tip or similar program when you actually point the program to
talk to /dev/capi20? The default for minicom is to use /dev/modem, so make
sure you are actually really talking to /dev/capi20. /dev/capi20 is a
strange name for a modem device anyway. I would expect /dev/cua* or
something similar.

Bernard