Re: [hylafax-users] Finding and removing strings from Faxfile

Thanks

This was great and easy.
Do you have a good way of removing this string from the file
after the string has been read as well?

The problem with this is that i read this text out of an postscriptfile and
read works find
because then i can convert it into ascii but when i want to remove the text
i don't want
to corrupt the postscriptfile and the graphics in the file so i can't
convert to ascii and back.

\_ \_ \_ \_ \_ \_ \_ \_ \_ \_ \_ \_ \_ \_ \_ \_ \_ \_ \_ \_
Jonny Axelsson

                      Giulio Orsero
                      <giulioo@pobox.com>           To:      hylafax-users@hylafax.org
                      Sent by:                      cc:
                      hylafax-users-bounce@         Subject: Re: [hylafax-users] Finding and removing strings from Faxfile
                      hylafax.org

                      2002-10-14 21:17

On Mon, 14 Oct 2002 18:55:51 +0200, jonny.axelsson@systeam.se wrote:

>I need a way of finding a start parameter and a end parmameter and
>then get the text between theses and then one more time between
>anouther pair of parameters to get the faxnumber.
$ echo -e "this is a test <Z>ciao<Z>\n2nd line" > go1
$ perl -ne 'print $1 if (m|<Z>(.*?)<Z>|);' go1
ciao$

--
giulioo@pobox.com