[hylafax-users] Thought for MacOS X client design.

Evening, folks. I just thought of this and, seeing as I am terribly
under skilled for this, and too busy to try and make a shareware
project out of it....I wanted to see if anyone was up for it.

MacOS X is sorely missing a decent HylaFAX client (If one even
exists...) Hopefully, the folks at Smile Software will incorporate
HylaFAX support into their excellent Page Sender program soon. (They
don't currently have access to a HylaFAX server at the moment...)

Anyway, in the meantime, I figure that using applescript and some sort
of (possibly stripped down) local hylafax install, MacOS clients could
fax just by saving to PDF format.

Basically, a drop box would be created that had an applescript attached
as a folder action. This Applescript could be activated any time a file
was saved in that directory. The script would then ask for destination
and cover sheet info and pass that info into a 'sendfax -h servername'
command from the UNIX Shell. Pretty simple, the applescript could even
simply call a shell script, or a GUI could be knocked out in
AppleScript Studio. Of course, 'servername' could be 'localhost' if
HylaFAX was installed on the local MacOS X machine.

Just a thought. Anyone who, unlike myself, has the programming
(scripting) ability and time to throw this together? Is there a way to
install sendfax without all the excess HylaFAX baggage for machines
that would be 100% clients?

Shouldn't Apple start bundling HylaFAX with some sort of similar
solution with OS X server?

Late night brainstorming,

Tom