Re: [hylafax-users] Modem recommendation

Glenn Burkhardt said:
<snip>
> Why have you chosen to use Class 1?
>
> And, out of curiosity, what platform do you run Hylafax on?
>
> TIA....

</snip>

I use Class 1 in my modems that support it because Class 2/2.0 relies on the
firmware in the modem to behave correctly, Class 1 relies on the software
controlling the modem, in this case HylaFAX, to behave correctly. Since we
have no control over whether vendors implement things correctly in their
modems, running in Class 1 allows us to work around little misbehaviors that
may occur.
HTH
Josh