Re: [hylafax-users] Suggested Linux Distri for Hylafax?

Hi,

> > Debian would probably be your best choice if you're tied to linux -
> > Easy to update, most flexability on what to install, etc.
> > I think that only freebsd has a version of GhostScript that doesn't
> > depend on X11 (Hylafax depends on GhostScript)

Well actually slackware 8.1 also has a version of gs without x11. In the
distri there are two compiled version (one with x11 and one without)
By default the gs with x11 as activated, but there are to gs within that
directory.

1. gs
2. gs-no-x11 (or something similar) -> just grab it with ls gs*

The only thing you need to do is to change the names or to create a link
names gs pointing to the desired version (that's what I did, works cool)
I struggled over this, when wondering, why gs need a library libX... which
was for X11 and had a look around the Makefile in the sources.
(I wanted to have a version, which really was free of any KDE oder XWindows
stuff);o)

Cheers Jochen