[hylafax-users] maxdial ans status xferfaxlog

Title: maxdial ans status xferfaxlog

Thanks to  everyone in the team behind hylafax.org.
You are doing a great job!

We have been testing a hylafax system for a long time now and will soon try to set this in production.
We use hylafax 4.1.3 and Linux Suse 8.0 .
We produce faxes on one machine and have 2 hylafax servers who fight to pick up the files from a NFS mounted file system and then send the faxes out to the customers.  There is a serial-card with 8 ports on each hylafax server and Multi-Tech modems in RACK.  Have also made a web-admin in php and java-script to manage both hylafax servers from one browser.

I have some question about MaxDials (hfaxd.conf ) and status in the xferfaxlog.

From the mailing list I have found one answer about MaxDials

>> How many times will hylafax try to send a fax before it gives up? By
>>  default.

>Twelve unless it hears "no carrier" and has no history of previous faxing
>to that destination and then it's two.

I have tried to set

MaxDials:       5

in the file hfaxd.conf but still hylafax try to send several more times if this is a "wrong" number or something like that.

What does "history of previous faxing to that destination" mean and is it possible to remove this "history"?

Will only MaxDials work if some one picks up the "phone" or the line is busy?

One more question about status in the xferfaxlog.
If I try to send a fax to fax-machine that is already busy I some times get the message
 "No carrier detected", but I expect "Busy signal detected".
Why?

Last question.  I have several times seen this status "Unable to configure modem for fax use" to one specific fax-machine from the same modem, but the next job to the same fax-machine from the same modem is ok.   What is the solution?

Regards atle

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions