Re: [hylafax-users] What's the best solution

On 2002.10.07 10:02 Pedro Rocadas wrote:
> --- Josh Welch <jwelch@buffalowildwings.com> wrote:
> > Pedro Rocadas said:
> > <snip>
> > > Other approach that you may want consider is
> > providing
> > > fax numbers by subaddressing(?).
> > >
> > > Example: someone send a fax to your number 12345
> > but
> > > add #12. The number dialled was 12345#12 and
> > hylafax
> > > route the call/fax by email to the person who have
> > > assigned the #12 extension. But this quite exotic
> > :-).
> > >

> > </snip>
> > I seem to remember someone posting that this was not
> >
> > available in the US, but was doable in Europe for a
> > rather steep price.
> > Josh
>
> Could be wrong but I think it was Lee Howard who
> disserted about that.

Subaddresses are written "12345#12", but that's not how they're
dialed.  "12345#12" means to dial "12345" and to use "12" as the
subaddress.  Subaddressing is available in the US where the sender and
receiver's equipment permits it (and that's not often).

Sadly, there's no viable inexpensive DID alternative.