[hylafax-users] Ynt: Re: Can Hylafax convert recorded fax sessions[wav] to image fomat of the original document ?

Well this may be a late answer but ...

There is a handshake between two parties where two sides use different frequencies and these occur before and after [hadshake and acknowledgement]the original image sending process. I was thinking to work on sthg like this :

I didn't exaimine  all the parts of the source code of Hylafax but somewhere in it there must be a command like : get the data from the modem [which doesn't include those handshakes and acknowledgements ] and convert it into TIFF format . I was wondering if we could replace that data with the recorded fax sessions which I have got on hand . Did anybody examine these codes up to now ? Or try to do sthg like this ? And is it possible ? May be developers of Hylafax would have a better answer for this . I'll also e-mail them but I did only want to explain the case here .

And now I don't remember exactly who had made a comment about this but there was something like :  I didnot like this idea of getting the same faxes of someone other .

It's of course not a good thing that you see some private things of someone other. But for this you have to physically tap the line of that person and it's really not an easy thing but unfortunately possible :(

Regards ;

10/04/2002 - 11:48 tarihinde, shachar Goldin yazmış: