[hylafax-users] Installation of Hylafax 4.1.3 on Suse 8.0

Hi there,

as a hylafax (and linux ;-) newbie, I am trying to set up a fax-server. I
am using Suse 8.0 and since I have encountered several problems (e.g.
automatically forwarding incoming faxes by e-mail as pdf files) with
the package that comes with Suse (vers. 4.1, but not really, close to
4.1.1 but not really, as someone said in this newsgroup) I now want to
intall the newest hylafax Version 4.1.3.

Unfortunately, there is now binary file for Suse 8.0 available on the
hylafax server. I have never compiled my own package from source yet, so I
wondered whether there exists a HowTo on this procedure and which
paths to set in order to make it work on Suse.

Thanxalot

Jan