Re: [hylafax-users] 1 Modem to send, 1 to receive

Tom Rymes said:
> Hi there, folks. I tried figuring this out form the man pages, etc, but
> it's stumping me, and I don't have a production environment (ie: people
> regularly sending faxes) to test it out on.
>
> Basically, I have a RedHat 7.3 Box with two modems on ttyS4 and ttyS5.
> Right now, both will send an receive faxes. I want to set it up such
> that ttyS4 is receive only, and so that ttyS5 is send only.
>
> I assume that by removing the faxgetty process for ttyS5, that modem
> will no longer answer the phone when it rings. (or will it?) However,
> how do I keep ttyS4 from sending out faxes (and thus tying up the
> incoming line?)
>
> All help a bonus!
>
> Tom

Not running faxgetty for ttyS5 should keep it from receiving faxes. What I
do to keep modems from sending faxes that I want to be receive only is to
put a line in the modem config file
ModemReadyState:		B
You can check the man page for hylafax-config to get more info on this
option, but it basically tells faxq that this modem is busy, so no outbound
jobs get assigned to it.