Re: [hylafax-users] Suggested Linux Distri for Hylafax?

Slackware without a doubt!

I have been running Slackware Linux for 10 years providing mostly non-GUI
network services like sendmail, inn, apache, ssh, imap, ldap, samba,
masquerade, firewall, file/print services, squirrelmail and many others.
Also excellent as an efficient workstation for cd development, coding and
text work.

You can also run KDE/Gnome and many other X11 systems but the command line
interface is best.

I have been running the same router hardware for 7 years - an AMD5x86 133MHz
(about equivelent to Pentium 75) with 32 megs. It also works as a backup
file server with over 120gigs of storage.

Slackware is most like the BSDs rather than the RedHats, SuSE or Debian.
Slackware is also the oldest contemporary distro with a large and dedicated
following.

Download an 8.1 ISO and check it out.

Best regards,

Brian