Re: [hylafax-users] RelayFax Client questioins

On Friday, September 27, 2002, at 02:13  PM, Tom Rymes wrote:

On Friday, September 27, 2002, at 02:51  AM, Lee Howard wrote:

> On 2002.09.26 20:42 Tom Rymes wrote:
>
>>> *	Edit the faxuserlist file to reflect the e-mail addresses of valid
>>> fax users and their password that should be used in the RelayFax
>>> client.
>> Okay. Can this be left with no password?
>
> I never tested the null-password situation, but I can't say why it
> wouldn't work.  Frankly you should use a password, though, for
> security's sake.

Well, I made the symlink /etc/smrsh/procmail, and installed the
RelayFax Client. Mail sent to the relayfax user get sent out via
HylaFAX just dandy. (REALLY cool, I might add, considering how little
work it entails...)

Now, the RelayFax client is another matter. Where do I have to specify
a password? When I print from Word, for example, the Client opens up, i
enter the info, and the SMTP communication goes through just great.
However, my user gets an e-mail saying:

FAX ERROR: You do not have permission to fax.

This is most likely b/c I haven't specified a password through
RelayFax. is this an obvious setting I overlooked? BTW, I got the same
message when I left the password blank

Hopefully this is just me being boneheaded, not a problem with version5
of the client, or who knows what.

Tom